Monthly Q&A about Medical Coding Webinar and Medical Coding Certification.
Topics Discussed on the Slide:
- Coding Certification Q & A Laureen Jandroep, CPC Sr. Instructor, CodingCertification.Org
- Twitter Chat• http://twebevent.com/cco• Who will have the most tweets? :)
- Coding Certification Webinar OutlineGoals of this webinar:• Answer general questions related to taking and passing coding certification exams• Introduce prospective students to the teaching style of Sr. Instructor, Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I and the teaching style of Instructor/ Coach Alica Scott, CPC
- Answer questions of Coding Certification Review Blitz and Coding Course Students• BONUS – 1 Blitz Package (or CEU Webinar Package) Will Be Given Away to One Fortunate Attendee at the end of the Webinar (must be present to win) •
- Who is Laureen?• Graduated with a Bachelors in • Sold Online School which is now operated by Occupational Therapy AAPC• Owned and Managed Rehab • Currently works full time for 3M HIS/ Agency CodeRyte as a Clinical Development• Owned and Managed Medical Specialist Billing Company • Teaches Coding Certification Review Blitz as well as other coding seminars. Coding School – brick and mortar as • Has taken and passed the CPC, CPC-H, well as online CCS-P, CCS, RCC and currently maintains• Started National Coding Discussion her CPC and CPC-I credentials List “Coding & Reimbursement • Married since 1989 with 5 kids (1 grown Network” – now the CCO-L step-son and 4 little ones age 7 and under.
- Who is Alicia?• Held several jobs in the medical field from, CNA, EMT, Pharmacy technician and Medial Records Abstractor, Analyst and Nursing.• Joined the AAPC and became certified as a CPC in 2011• Working towards Masters in Health Care Administration with an emphasis on education.• Instructor at a private college teaching medical coding and billing and medical law and ethics.• Alicia will tell you that not only does she love medical coding but she has a passion for teaching it.• Presently, Alicia lives in West Texas and is married with six children (no that is not a typo!)
- Who is Boyd?•Master of Ceremonies for CCO Q&A Webinars•Web Administrator for CodingCertification.Org•Business coach
- PollPoll – How manywebinars for you?
- Stay to the End For… • Course & Webinar Updates • Giveaways and
- PollPoll – Are you certified?
- Student Case StudyJane Denker- Portland Oregon
- Neoplasm Coding A student asked to review ICD Neoplasm codingDocument Camera Time!
- Oncology Renee: Need clarification on the proper way to code for infusion of the drug Herceptin J3955, 96413 for 1:30 minutes of infusion. DX: Breast Cancer Scenarios one: The reason for the encounter is for infusion of the herceptin drug for a one time visit. Scenarios two: The reason for the encounter is for infusion of the herceptin drug for a series of visits Should the diagnosis be? a. V58.11, 174.9 b. V58.69, 174.9 c. 174.9, V58.69
- Oncology a. V58.11 Encounter for antineoplastic chemotherapy; 174.9 Breast (female), unspecified b. V58.69 Long-term (current) use of other medications; 174.9 Breast (female), unspecified c. 174.9 Breast (female), unspecified; V58.69 Long-term (current) use of other medications ANSWER SHEET
Slideshare: October 2012 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- Prolonged Services Coding ANSWER SHEET
- Preventative Medicine Coding What you should know about coding preventative medicine. (99381-99429) ANSWER
- PollPoll – AAPC or AHIMA?
- Modifiers and Level II HCPCSHello can you please cover the determiningfact between using Modifers 22, 23, 24, 25etc. and the level II (HCPCS national) is itone goes on e/ m level and the other on theprocedure code ? Thanks LindaModifier Grid Appendix A
- E Codes What is an E Code? ANSWER SHEET
- Thyroid Lobectomy SurgeryI have a patient who is having a right thyroidlobectomy done. Do I code for a total orpartial?DOCUMENT CAMERA
- What is HCC? What is HCC? ANSWER SHEET
- Help Us Get The Word OutLike us onFacebook
- Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- Updates? MTA Course! New “Medical Terminology & Anatomy for Medical Coders” course up andrunning for $497 (15 module course) • go at your own pace • access to recorded lectures and tests for one year • includes textbook “Medical Coding & Terminology for ICD-10 Coding” – the only one geared toward medical coder https://www.cco.us/mta And if you need both a medical terminology/anatomy course + a coding course check out our combo deal $1247 or $334.50 x 4 payments!
- Updates?• New Front Page• New CPCs?• Testimonials• Independent CCO Instructors
- Find A Code Discount www.findacode.com Discount! Enter “CCO3” when you check out for any FindACode Membership and save!
- CEU Webinars!Modifiers: E&M:Its All About LocateYourThe Money HEM In Time$ 67 $ 147• 90 Minutes • 3 hours• CEU Approved • CEU Approved www./ceu-webinars
- Coding Certification Review Blitz Videos
- Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or2 CEU Webinars or1 Hour Session with Laureen
- 80 Hour Coding Course
- Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- Thanks For Being With Us!
- Updates?Physician Based Medical Coding Course – UpdatesAny students on the call tonight? Hows it going?Send a message in the question box right now…New “Medical Terminology & Anatomy for MedicalCoders” course is up an running.Announcement will be made via list.Continuing Education Webinars (see next slide)
Find out More about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews