The October 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Certification Webinar from www. gave some valuable information on the topic of Evaluation and Management geared to medical coders. The E&M topics covered How to Level an E&M Code, as well as, E/M for New Patient. Other topics discussed in the webinar included Back to Basics: Benign vs. Malignant, DVT Prophylaxis, ICD-10-CM Under-dosing, Ebola, Coding Surgical Procedure, and CPT codes 24575 vs. 24579. The new HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) Course, recently launched by CodingCertification.Org, was briefly discussed; also, the new ICD-10-PCS course which is coming soon. Other CodingCertification.Org product offerings were briefly discussed.
Slide Content are as follows:
1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- October 2014
- CEU Specialty October 2014 Coding Certification Q&A Webinar Core A and CEMC
- Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) ● Twitter Chat Service is up ● http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat ● log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat ● It automatically puts our hashtag #ccochat on all msgs
- Stay to the End For… ● A giveaway and your ● AAPC CEU link for 1 CEU
- Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- Congratulations to… Stacey Otero – passed CPMA 9/4/14 Chaim Zeitz – passed CPC 9/19/14 Dorros Evans – passed CPC 9/24/14 Anyone else out there who passed recently?
- Quick Outline of Product Lineup Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams (3 – 60 questions each) CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course Medical Billing Course (PBB) Medical Coding Auditing (PBMA) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- Other CEUs from CCO! Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 37.5 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 30.5 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! Physician Based Billing Course (PBB) 18.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- New HCC Course Is Now Open! Our new HCC Course has 17 jam packed Modules on Risk Adjustment by Holly Cassano, CPC and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I. We are anticipating HCC will be a high need specialty in 2014 and beyond. http://cco.pe/10qGz8g
- And another new course is coming! https://www.cco.us/icd-10-pcs-procedural-coding-course Class Starts in January
- Poll Interested in any of our new courses coming out?
- How do I know the difference between a benign and malignant lesion? ANSWER Back to Basics*
- How to Level an E&M code* Would it be possible to briefly go over your E&M leveling tool? Where I work, the providers level the visits. I code all diagnosis codes and add the appropriate modifiers. So I'm really weak on being able to level E&M. ANSWER
- E/M for New Patient For new patient physician visits, if the physician has not performed the 3 key elements, can I bill the visit as a new patient or can I use the time element? ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you HAVE?
- DVT Prophylaxis I'm a medical coder for a hospital. The providers often uses diagnosis code “DVT prophylaxis”. I can't seem to find this dx code. Please help. ANSWER
- ICD-10-CM Under-dosing A additional coding option in ICD-10-CM your physician needs to know about. ANSWER
- Ebola How come I can’t find Ebola in my manual? ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- Coding Surgical Procedure I was wondering if someone could give me a few tips on how to figure out the wording when coding a surgical procedure? I have the study guide but the questions that they ask without the multiple answers is where I don't know what to look for. I really appreciate any help you may have. Thanks, Mary SAMPLE OP REPORT
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 24575 and 24579 What is the difference between 24575 and 24579? I am using the 2013 Professional Edition currently. Thanks, RC ANSWER
- ICD-10 Prep CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie
- CCO eBooks!
- Help Us Get The Word Out Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification
- Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Pick Winner
- Attention: Use of Materials We’ve had some serious questions from students wanting to copy AAPC testing material to use in their study process … SPECIAL NOTE: AAPC educational material is copyrighted. All AAPC material is protected by copyright laws unless noted differently. Just as with CCO course material, students are not authorized to copy information for use without permission of the distributor. CCO fully respects copyright laws and asks that all students taking CCO courses also adhere to copyright guidelines.
- October Coding Certification Q&A Webinar CEU Link – Index #
- Chat Q & A Webinar- October 2014
- CPMA Can you go over the CPMA credential?
- CPPM Can you talk about the CPPM?
- E&M Can we have the practice sheet sent to us? – Deborah I definitely understood E & M coding tonight and I always struggle with it. I would like a further in depth training on that. -Kristen
- Coding Manuals I am just moving forward on starting to study for my CPC. Should I buy the ICD 9 and CPT books now or wait for new ones next year -Sheila Which editor (Ingenix, AAPC…) and version (expert, professional….) of ICD-9 has more tips for HCC coding? -Florence
- Bubble & Highlight I'm not certified yet. I am working on a refresher course for the CPC from the AAPC. I am also a member of your program. Will completing your program help me with the refresher course as well as the exam? Do you mark-up the ICD-9CM as well as the CPT? -Angelia
- HCC This is a HCC question: Can you code from the dialysis visit or is it thought of like a INR/PT visit?”
- Thanks For Being With Us!
Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Educational topics were presented by Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I and Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.
Find out More Information about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review