Slideshare September 2013 Medical Coding Certification Webinar Q & A.
CCO announced their partnership with Practicode by Aviacode. The Practicode product is a real game changer for medical coders trying to develop and show prospective employers their coding expertise. Discounts are available through the website. Educational topics included ICD-10, Modifier -59, Coders Replaced by Computers?, 36415 and 85025, Intractable vs. Refractory, Hospital Discharge.
Presentation Transcript Include:
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- September 2013
- 2. Twitter Chat • Twitter Chat Service is up again • http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat • log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat • It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- 3. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 4. Stay to the End For… • Giveaways • AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- 5. WEBINAR CEU's ! Monthly CCO Webinars: • * Now worth 1 CEU • per meeting • * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 6. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 15 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Other CEUs from CCO!
- 7. New Partnership! Special Announcement +
- 8. Patricia Morgerson (passed CPC 8/21/13) Maxyz Kunkle (passed CPC 8/23/13) Joseph Samet (passed CPC 8/28/13) Wendy Jean (passed CPC 9/11/13) Andrea Schroeder (passed CPC 8/24/13) Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
- 9. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have?
- 10. Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Delissa Angel Ortega, CPC-I, CPC-H, CPC, RDA Independent CCO Instructor
- 11. Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Rosetta Dellatte, PBC student
- 12. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 13. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician-Based Medical Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding Course (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM Mini Course http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
September 2013 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- 14. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- 15. Things to note for ICD-10-CM ANSWER Notes for ICD-10-CM
- 16. Hi, can you talk about modifier -59 a bit. I seem to be one of those that overuse it. I have gotten a few questions wrong by adding it. I have the modifier download, it is very helpful. Maybe a couple of examples of when it is appropriate to use, and when it is not, so I can see the difference. And you always have tips that are easy to remember. Thanks so much. ANSWER Modifier – 59
- 17. Coders Replaced by Computers? I am wondering when coders are being replaced by computers? My doctor told me this just last week, so I am wondering how soon this will happen. I planned to pursue a coding career but I am wondering if it will be doable now. – Teresa ANSWER
- 18. I am working on an A/R project and I've noticed that BCBS is denying cpt code 36415 as inclusive with 85025. Not sure if I'm supposed to submit an appeal or adjusting it off as inclusive. Please explain when you would use 36400, 36415, and 36416. ANSWER 36415 and 85025
- 19. Intractable vs Refractory What is the difference between Intractable and Refractory? ANSWER
- 20. Hi Laureen. Quick question. I came across a hospital claim where a patient is being discharged from a normal delivery. What I would like to poke your brain on is, is it correct to use 650 with 99238? There were no complications. For some reason it does not look accurate but I don't understand if you could please help!???! Thanks in advance. ANSWER Hospital Discharge
- 21. CCO eBooks!
- 22. Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http: Help Us Get The Word Out
- 23. Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- 24. Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
- 25. Thanks For Being With Us!
Presenters were Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I.
Find out More about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review