The September 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Certification Webinar from www. focused on several topics of interest to medical coders including CPC Exam Prep: Fraud and Abuse; CPC Exam Prep: Medicare Parts A,B, C and D; Core Credentials; 33206 – 33208; CPMA CEUs; 81002 with Modifier 25?; and a Practicode Case. New product offerings which are soon to be launched by CodingCertification.Org were discussed including a course in HCC coding (Hierarchical Condition Categories) and a new Physician Practice Management Course for the CPPM credential. CodingCertification.Org’s current product line was also briefly reviewed.
Find the topics discussed on the Slide:
- Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- September 2014
- Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) ● Twitter Chat Service is up ● http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat ● log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat ● It automatically puts our hashtag #ccochat on all msgs
- Stay to the End For… ● A giveaway and your ● AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- Congratulations to… Cynthia Miller – passed CCS 8/27/14 Jean May – passed the CPC 8/23/14 Kartika Budiarta – passed CPC 8/26/14 Janna Vice – passed CPC 8/28/14 Heidi Hartman – passed CPC 9/12/14 Laura Strange – passed CPC 9/17/14 Diane Newell-Healey – passed CPMA 9/6/14 Michelle West – passed CPMA 9/13/14 Anyone else out there who passed recently?
Slideshare: September 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- Quick Outline of Product Lineup Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams (3-60 questions each) CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course Medical Billing Course (PBB) Medical Coding Auditing (PBMA) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- Other CEUs from CCO! Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 37.5 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 30.5 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! Physician Based Billing Course (PBB) 18.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- Jo-Anne Sheehan Jo-Anne Sheehan CPC, CPC-I, CPPM ICD 10-CM Mini PBC and soon … PPM – Physician Practice Management
- Coming Soon New HCC Course! We are proud to announce that CCO will be offering a course in HCC coding in the near future. Stay tuned for details.
- And another new course is coming! https://www.cco.us/icd-10-pcs-procedural-coding-course Class Starts in January
- Poll Interested in any of our new courses coming out?
- CPC Exam Prep: Fraud and Abuse* Q. Can you explain the difference between fraud and abuse and give some examples of each? Thanks!ANSWER
- CPC Exam Prep: Medicare Parts A, B, C and D* Q. What services are covered under the various Parts of Medicare? Got any tips on how to remember this? ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you HAVE?
- Core Credentials What are the core credentials with the AAPC? Does AHIMA have core credentials? ANSWER
- CPC vs. CPC-H I just graduated what my associates in medical billing and coding. I studied medical billing and coding for a hospital. I really want to do medical billing and coding in the hospital . Which one do I take first, the CPC or CPC-H? – Chavon ANSWER
- Your Physician Based Medical Auditing Instructor: Tamara Lucus CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA
- 33206-33208 A Cardiologist implants a new pacemaker (doesn’t matter how many leads) and has a general surgeon create the pocket, puncture the vein for the leads, and close the pocket. The Cardiologist does all the rest of the work. Would you bill the initial insertion of everything code (33206-33208?) with -52 modifier or how would you code this? ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- CPMA CEUs This is a question for the monthly question and answer webinar. I am scheduled to take the CPMA exam in December and wondered how difficult it is to find CEU’s to keep the accreditation. Thanks – Jean ANSWER
- Medicaid and Aetna are denying our urinalysis (81002), stating that they are included with the office visit. Would it be appropriate to bill it with a modifier 25? ANSWER 81002 with Modifier 25?
- What does a practicode case look like and how do you abstract from it ANSWER Practicode Case
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- ICD-10 Prep CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ○ Free 50 Question Exam ○ Paid 50 Question Exam – $29.95
- CCO eBooks!
- Help Us Get The Word Out Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification
- Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen http://random.org
- Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- CPC Exam Prep Q. I took my CPC exam and i was taking a bit too long on some of the op report scenarios.what are some things that i can do to speed up the process on finding the answer; considering that I only have 2.5 minutes per question to answer. -David Q. I’m taking my CPC exam Saturday. I still don’t understand “separate procedure.” Help! -Susan
- CPC Exam Q. Is it true that after a coding class you must practice as a coder for 1 year prior to taking the exam? -Donna Q. Do you have to have coding experience before you take any certification exam -Vickie
- Study Resources for CPC-H Q. What are some good study resources for the CPC-H, well for the reimbursement portion? – Fanedra
- Specialty Classes Q. Is there a class for coding related to a specific specialty such as Orthopedics? -Donna Q. Are there any sessions for CIC certification – Shraddha Q. When is HCC Course going to be offered by CCO -Daniel
- Coding Experience Q. How do you break into the field? Should I get certified first? I had the CPC in 2007. Now I am wanting to make a career of this but need the practical experience. What would you advise me to do? Q. Do you have to have a certification to be employed as a coder Thanks Vickie
- Coding Questions Q. Is there a time limit on fracture codes? Like I waited 3 weeks to get my fracture treated? -Debra Q. What is the Base unit value for CPT code 00160? Where can i find the base unit value? – Marie
- Modifier Q.: Is there a special modifier to use when a procedure has been done and the patient comes 5 days later for a follow up? Insurance is denying because they consider it part of the global period. example: patient comes in for a destruction of warts, it is billed and then patient comes back for a follow up. thank you -Cammie
- Preliminary Surgery Report Q. Coder is told to use the transcribed “preliminary” surgery report, knowing that the “final” report will appear in the EMR soon, is this compliant or does the coder wait for the final transcribed reports? Thanks -Sandra
- Thanks For Being With Us!
Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, presented the educational topics assisted by Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM; Tammy Lucus, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA; and Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.
Get More Details about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review