• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Did not passed the test

Katy Shao

I did not passed the test, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have been practicing the AAPC practice exam and reading the guidelines. I was wondering if anybody can give me an opinons, or any advice on what I should I do?

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
I did not passed the test, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have been practicing the AAPC practice exam and reading the guidelines. I was wondering if anybody can give me an opinons, or any advice on what I should I do?
Order the blitz video. It is fantastic. Laureen explains it great. Are u a CCO,student? I know it is disappointing but you can do it. Did u sign up yet to retest?

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Laureen I hope u do not mind me posting this here:
I keep getting asked this question over and over so decided to post it here so I can just give a link out to this page.

CCO’s Formula for Success in Passing CPC® Exam

1) Complete a comprehensive 80 Hour Coding Course

we recommend the CCO Physician Based Coding Course

2) Complete a review course with test taking strategies

we recommend the CCO Coding Certification Review Videos

3) Complete TIMED practice exams until you score an 85%

we recommend the CCO Mini-Mocks

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Yes, I have the videos, but I am still not sure what I am doing wrong though.

Did you practice the AAPC practices test until you got 85%, bxubbled and highlight your CPT book. Where is your areas of weakness for your CPC exam. Did you get a complete breakdown from AAPC? You know since you purchased the blitz you can join the weekly support call on Thursday where Alicia CCO Instructor can answer any questions you have. Did you study your guidelines. Were u able to complete the exam or did u run out of time? Have u purchased the 2014 150 question practice exam thur CCO? It is very helpful. We're u nervous taking the test?

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
With limited information, this is the best advice I can give. Good luck to you.

Katy Shao

I have already bubble and higlighted my CPC book. I didn't really study my guidelines as much, and AAPC did give me a breakdown on what I missed. So the best thing to do is practice the AAPC exam until I get 85% on all of the test correct?

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
I have already bubble and higlighted my CPC book. I didn't really study my guidelines as much, and AAPC did give me a breakdown on what I missed. So the best thing to do is practice the AAPC exam until I get 85% on all of the test correct?

Yes, you have to study guidelines. Call AAPC and ask them to give you a complete breakdown of your CPC exam. They will do it if you ask. Yes practice practice and go over the rationale. There is a free 50 question CPC practice exam here on website. Did you tab your book as well? You also have to know your anatomy and med terminology.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Katy - sorry you didn't pass. In addition to Anna's advice (thanks Anna!) I'd reccomend the following:

1) make sure you have bubbled and highlighted your whole CPT manual and transfered all notes from the Blitz videos to yours
2) review videos in bonus area of Blitz on time management and handling multiple code answers
3) take fresh TIMED practice exams
4) review rationales thoroughly - even the ones you got right
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 until you're scoring an 85%

Also take advantage of the Thursday night support call and ask any questions you have from going over the practice exams.

For a list of practice exams we reccomend see this article http://cco.pe/RE9MaO

Best wishes - you can do this!

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Hi Katy - sorry you didn't pass. In addition to Anna's advice (thanks Anna!) I'd reccomend the following:

1) make sure you have bubbled and highlighted your whole CPT manual and transfered all notes from the Blitz videos to yours
2) review videos in bonus area of Blitz on time management and handling multiple code answers
3) take fresh TIMED practice exams
4) review rationales thoroughly - even the ones you got right
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 until you're scoring an 85%

Also take advantage of the Thursday night support call and ask any questions you have from going over the practice exams.

For a list of practice exams we reccomend see this article http://cco.pe/RE9MaO

Best wishes - you can do this!

You are most welcome laureen. Katy, think about coming to the Thursday night weekly support call. It is very informative. Call AAPC and get the breakdown of your exam and then where the areas you are having problems, you can ask Alicia or if you feel more comfortable post the question here on the forum. The most important thing is like laureen said above. Not everyone pass the first time. You can do it. The thing that I like most about getting the blitz video is alll the support to get here with CCO. They are so supportive here and want you to succeed. You know laureen I am CCO groupie.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
How do I access the Thursday support call with Alicia?[/QUOTI

First did sign up for a course or blitz video? It is listed under your course under welcome handout, weekly support call and there is a link. Post if you cannot find it. This thursday there is no weekly support call with Alicia. It is the monthly Q &A webinar and you have to sign up for it on the home page. It is fun and informative. You can post your questions in the foum stating enter you Q &A webinar questions here.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)