• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A I PASSED!!!

Debbied58

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I was scheduled for my CPC on 12/7/13 in Nashville, TN. On Friday, 12/13/13 at 4:00 PM, I received a telephone call informing me that my exam had been cancelled due to inclement weather. I will admit that I was not as concerned about the fact that I would have to buy 2014 books. I was in a panic because I would have to bubble and highlight the new book and transfer all of my notes! I decided to contact a Proctor that have given a CPC review class that I had attended. I told her my situation and the fact that I had put so much work into preparing my books. She remembered meeting me and reviewing my bubbling and highlighted book!! She told me that she would open up a seat for me to attend the exam that she was giving on 12/14/13. She also commented that if all examinees would prepare their books like I did, most would pass the exam. Needless to say, I was elated!

I sat for the exam on 12/14/13 in Clarksville, TN. It was difficult to say the least! I used Laureen's plan for time management and also skipped to the sections that I knew would take the least time. After finishing those sections, I skimmed the exam from the beginning and started answering the one or two code questions first and leaving the multiple code questions for last. I did not take a break during the exam. The time flew by!!! When I finished the exam and got out to my car, I sat there for about 10 minutes making a list pertaining to the questions I could remember and what areas were covered.

I checked the AAPC website this evening and the results were posted. I also had the CPC credentials added to my name!!!! What a great Christmas present!!!

I want to express my PROFOUND GRATITUDE to Laureen, Alicia and everyone at CCO! I purchased the Blitz package and have attended the webinars since May 2013. I also joined the Reply club and listened to previous webinars. I really feel that I could not have done it without CCO and the tremendous resources that I was given access to. Thank you so much for all you do!!!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Wow! So smart of you to reach out to that proctor, and so nice of her to help you out by getting you a "ticket" at her exam location. Congratulations on becoming a CPC! So happy it all worked out for you!

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I was scheduled for my CPC on 12/7/13 in Nashville, TN. On Friday, 12/13/13 at 4:00 PM, I received a telephone call informing me that my exam had been cancelled due to inclement weather. I will admit that I was not as concerned about the fact that I would have to buy 2014 books. I was in a panic because I would have to bubble and highlight the new book and transfer all of my notes! I decided to contact a Proctor that have given a CPC review class that I had attended. I told her my situation and the fact that I had put so much work into preparing my books. She remembered meeting me and reviewing my bubbling and highlighted book!! She told me that she would open up a seat for me to attend the exam that she was giving on 12/14/13. She also commented that if all examinees would prepare their books like I did, most would pass the exam. Needless to say, I was elated!

I sat for the exam on 12/14/13 in Clarksville, TN. It was difficult to say the least! I used Laureen's plan for time management and also skipped to the sections that I knew would take the least time. After finishing those sections, I skimmed the exam from the beginning and started answering the one or two code questions first and leaving the multiple code questions for last. I did not take a break during the exam. The time flew by!!! When I finished the exam and got out to my car, I sat there for about 10 minutes making a list pertaining to the questions I could remember and what areas were covered.

I checked the AAPC website this evening and the results were posted. I also had the CPC credentials added to my name!!!! What a great Christmas present!!!

I want to express my PROFOUND GRATITUDE to Laureen, Alicia and everyone at CCO! I purchased the Blitz package and have attended the webinars since May 2013. I also joined the Reply club and listened to previous webinars. I really feel that I could not have done it without CCO and the tremendous resources that I was given access to. Thank you so much for all you do!!!

Congrats to u. What a great Christmas present indeed. So cool the proctor let u sit for the exam Clarksville.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Oh Debbie you worked hard and it paid off. That is fantastic news. I agree with Ruth. It was pretty smart to reach out to the proctor. Make sure you let her know you passed. Since Proctors don't get paid for the time they put in they love to hear when someone passes.
GOOD FOR YOU!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
One more thing Debbie. Don't forget to post a note in the Testimony page because you will inspire others that way.
You can copy and paste your forum comment. I think it is a good point to share what you said about reaching out to the proctor.
https://www.cco.us/testimonials/

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
What a great story - thanks for sharing and congratulations on passing in 2013!!!! One day we'll have to get the AMA to create a B&H version of the CPT :)

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Congratulations on you pass!!! Great Story and great ending !! :) so nice of that proctor to open a seat for you ;)
It is so hard to find convenient testing locations near me and yesterday I texted a proctor of my local chapter--(which is not so local) I got the phone # from AAPC and texted " just wanted to know if any upcoming testing dates" ---got a reply "no dates yet"---even though that was an answer I guess I expect a slightly more detailed response-you are very fortunate to have come across a nice proctor.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congratulations on you pass!!! Great Story and great ending !! :) so nice of that proctor to open a seat for you ;)
It is so hard to find convenient testing locations near me and yesterday I texted a proctor of my local chapter--(which is not so local) I got the phone # from AAPC and texted " just wanted to know if any upcoming testing dates" ---got a reply "no dates yet"---even though that was an answer I guess I expect a slightly more detailed response-you are very fortunate to have come across a nice proctor.
Rosetta, I ran into this situation with no tests scheduled, too, a few years back. I recall writing the AAPC to ask why there were no scheduled tests in NY or CT! (This was probably in Dec/ Jan. prior to the CPC exam in June, whatever year that was.) The response was that the local chapter officers change in January, they have to meet and then set the schedule. Of course, it's not rocket science on how to avoid this situation, i.e., ask that the incoming officers meet to set the schedule prior to January, but no one seems to be interested in setting that protocol. So eventually, they will get their act together, work out who is willing to proctor on what dates, and they will submit their schedule to AAPC, most likely for all of 2014, and it will get put on the AAPC website. Hopes this at least gives you some notion on what the bottleneck is in getting the schedule firmed up.

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
I think I will send an email to AAPC---I have been searching the AAPC website for available dates and a few days ago I looked at a location in Nassau, NY ( long Island)----first there were no dates----then yesterday I looked and there were multiple dates with only 15 seats each and they are full---how does that happen in a day---its like it is "fixed"----ideally I would like to retest in March-and I don't want to have to to drive more then an hour. I have said it before but I find it so strange that I live in one of the most populated places (NYC) and it is so difficult :(

It would make so much sense for AAPC to do the same type of testing like Ahima--through Peasons Vue

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I think I will send an email to AAPC---I have been searching the AAPC website for available dates and a few days ago I looked at a location in Nassau, NY ( long Island)----first there were no dates----then yesterday I looked and there were multiple dates with only 15 seats each and they are full---how does that happen in a day---its like it is "fixed"----ideally I would like to retest in March-and I don't want to have to to drive more then an hour. I have said it before but I find it so strange that I live in one of the most populated places (NYC) and it is so difficult :(

It would make so much sense for AAPC to do the same type of testing like Ahima--through Peasons Vue
I think it would be a great ideal to email the AAPC. Maybe they can contact the proctor and see if they can squeeze you in. I too think it is very strange that you cannot find somewhere closer to where you live since NYC is so populated. Let us know what happens.

Anna