• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Integumentary System on CPC exam

jane

Blitzer
Hello,

Does anyone know how many questions (roughly) will be on the CPC exam that pertain to the Integumentary System? I just took a chapter test for my online review course. I passed but not by much. This will definitely be a chapter I will have to study hard on. I hope I am not bugging anyone too much. I have been lurking these boards for some time. I am now diving head first into this review class.

Thanks
Jane :)

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
There are 8 or 10. I can't remember off the top of my head. You are NEVER bugging anyone.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
10 - unless they changed it :)

Teressa Lincoln

Hello all, my name is Teressa and I am new. I am currently in college to obtain my RHIT certification and in an online self paced college to obtain my CPC or CCS. My question is, is the exams real hard? And are we allowed to use our coding books during the exam?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Welcome, Teressa! I can only speak for the CPC exam as I have taken that but not the CCS. The CPC is a long exam (5 hours 40 minutes) and you definitely have to be well prepared, but there is plenty of help available here at CodingCertification.Org (CCO) and through the AAPC that will help you to successfully prepare for the exam. For example, CCO sells the Blitz review Videos, has practice exams, free webinars, and free educational video clips on our youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/MedicalCodingCert. For both the exams, they allow you to use coding manuals during the exam. The AAPC and AHIMA will specify exactly which editions that they allow on their website.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Alicia Scott presented a fantastic overview of the Integumentary ICD-10-CM Skin Issues during the April 2016 Q&A Webinar. So if the terms wound, abscess, ulcer, infection, cellulitis are not crystal clear to you, join the CCO Club and review this information from the video, transcript, and/or answer sheets for April 2016.