• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Manuals for CPC exam

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I will be taking my CPC exam for the first time in Dec. and will be using the 2012 manuals. If I need to retake the exam a 2nd time and it would be in Jan. 2013, would I be required to use the 2013 manuals? Thanks.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The 2013 CPT manuals go into effect Oct. 1st. The best thing to do is call the AAPC and ask them the dates for the new manuals. I always say better to get it from the horses mouth. That way there is no mistake. I have had students take the exam with the previous year manual and they did fine but I am sure they are going to tell you to test with the current year manual. It is not that the codes changes will give you trouble but rather if guidelines change.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It is not required to use the current years manuals but it is highly recommended. We are hearing of people failing by 1 point (69) - do you really want to risk it by not using the current years manuals?

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Think of it as just another investment into your future.

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hi-I ordered my 2013 manuals several months ago from AAPC when they were running a special price for members. I thought it was time for them to start shipping by now. Have any of you received yours yet?

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I would call them because most of my students have the manuals, except for the HCPCS which ships out later, I think in December.

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
If I was to register for CCO's early 2013 PMCC course, would it be ok to use CPC 2013 manuals I've already pre-ordered from AAPC for your course? Also, I have Carol Buck's 2012 textbook and workbook. Would it be ok to use that , or would I have to order 2013 books, and do the textbooks (except manuals) come with the CCO course, or does the student order that on his/her own? Thanks.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)