• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A New to webinars... have a few questions.

LisaN

Is everyone required to speak at the webinars or is it fine to listen only?
How fast must my connection be to participate in the webinar?

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Is everyone required to speak at the webinars or is it fine to listen only?
How fast must my connection be to participate in the webinar?
No, the webinar is muted so only laureen, Boyd and Alicia can speak. I know once you register for the webinar it gives you system requirements. You are not required to talk just listen and respond thru chatting. It is fun and informative and if you are certified, you can get CEU Forrest attending the webinars each month. I use my ipad and it works fine.:):):)

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer

Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

LisaN

Do I need a microphone if I am not going to use it? I don't have one hooked up. I don't want to get to the meeting and not be prepared just in case.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Do I need a microphone if I am not going to use it? I don't have one hooked up. I don't want to get to the meeting and not be prepared just in case.
LisaN,
You don't need a microphone.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You don't need a microphone for the monthly Q&A webinars, attendees are muted. If you need to ask a question, you can either use the question box on the screen, or if you have a Twitter account, you can use the tweetchat room that Laureen has set up during the webinar.

I

ifthequar

Hello, i have few questions.
1. how will you code if hypertensive nephropathy and diabetic nephropathy, can it be possible to code.
2. how will you code larynopharyngeal reflux, can we use the code of GERD?
3. can you please tell me the code for thyroid profile? is there any profile code for it or separately billable?
4. i would like to know will there be any centers for writing the ICD 10 CERTIFICATION THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY CPC certified since its an unproctored exam, can we do it from home also?
5. i am CPC certified, i would like to do some more certifications, which one i can choose?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Please start a new thread for each question. You will more likely get a response to your questions! Thanks!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes that is a good suggestion Ruth. One question per thread gets you the answers you seek <g>.

I just purchased the videos off your site and purchased the practice exams from the AAPC is that all I will need....I want a second opinion...

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I just purchased the videos off your site and purchased the practice exams from the AAPC is that all I will need....I want a second opinion...
Depends on your background! Did you take a full medical coding course or have considerable job experience? These are critical. If so, study the videos, mark up your books, and take the practice exams under timed restrictions that mimic the actual exam. If you can consistently score 85% you should be fine.

Depends on your background! Did you take a full medical coding course or have considerable job experience? These are critical. If so, study the videos, mark up your books, and take the practice exams under timed restrictions that mimic the actual exam. If you can consistently score 85% you should be fine.
Yes I did 4 years ago, but I also just completed a course in HIM (health information management) and I graduate in June

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Right, I think if you work with the Blitz and the practice exams, you will have an excellent chance!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Okay, just please post your questions in a new thread in the appropriate forum. This thread is for newcomers who have questions about attending and getting set up for the monthly webinars.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The way to see a webinar after it happened is to join the CCO Club, now $19.95 per month. When you join you receive access to the all the previous webinars available --well over a year's worth -- plus the transcripts and answer sheets. You also get a chance to take a quiz for the CEU for recent months. It takes a couple weeks to get the current webinar recording and downloads available in the CCO Club, but we send out a notice to all registrants when it is ready, so you may want to wait for that email if you are primarily interested in the most recent webinar.

If you don't care about getting the CEU, there will also be clips in youtube, though this is done on a "as time permits basis." Boyd is now uploading clips from March 2014 Q&A webinar so it takes roughly a month or so. To see these video clips visit our youtube channel, MedicalCodingCert, which is found at https://www.youtube.com/user/MedicalCodingCert