• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Practicode.

Nisha

Hi,
my name is Nisha and I have been attending the free question n answer webinars for a few months now. In that time I managed to pass my ICD 10 proficiency exam and ICD 9 exam. I was interested in doing the practicode but was wondering should I wait to know if ICD 10 is for sure coming into effect this year or go ahead and buy the practicode. Will there be changes need to be made to the practicode if ICD 10 comes into effect this year?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Nisha - congrats on passing the I10 Proficiency!

Practicode is for practicing on real world cases. You don't need to wait for I10 - actually you can choose to do case with I9 or I10.

They keep Practicode update with the code changes but it does take a few months after the changes go into effect to vet them all.

Nisha

Hi Nisha - congrats on passing the I10 Proficiency!

Practicode is for practicing on real world cases. You don't need to wait for I10 - actually you can choose to do case with I9 or I10.

They keep Practicode update with the code changes but it does take a few months after the changes go into effect to vet them all.
I went through the Practicode and it has a lot of modules. Could you please tell me which module to take for starters?
Thanks again,
Nisha.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It depends on what specialty you want to become proficient at. If you are interested in working for Aviacode or The Coding Network check out their sites for job listings and she what specialties are in demand right now and start with those.