• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Review Blitz for CCA?

I was wondering if the review Blitz's are specifically for the AAPC CPC exam only. I am halfway through a two year associate's degree program, and will be taking the AHIMA CCA upon graduation. I have watched some of your videos and like your teaching style.

I would love to have extra review material.

Thanks!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Christine - thanks for your post and congrats on working toward your associate's degree.

The Blitz videos are geared toward PHYSICIAN coding so it would only partially help you with the CCA. This is taken from the AHIMA website about the CCA

The CCA exhibits coding competency in any setting, including both hospitals and physician practices. The CCS and CCS-P exams demonstrate mastery level skills in an area of specialty: hospital-based for CCS's and physician practice-based for CCS-Ps.
And here are the details of what is covered on the CCA
https://www.ahima.org/~/media/AHIMA/Files/Certification/CCA_Content_Outline.ashx?la=en

So you will get a great review of the CPT manual and how to mark up your book but we don't get into reimbursement methodologies or inpatient stuff.

That is great information. Thanks, Laureen!

That sounds perfect because CPT has been the most challenging for me. I viewed some of your videos and have started to bubble my book. As well, I start tomorrow as a biller (and eventually coder) at a cardiovascular center, and it is IP and OP.

Thanks again!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Wow you're ahead of the game with a job in the field. I'm happy to help you with your CPT review!

We are planning on a CCS course January of 2014. Perhaps I'll have a review for the CCA while preparing that.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I think the Blitz videos will help with the CCS-P exam as well as the CPC exam.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes CCP-P is a physician based exam so the Blitz is perfect for that - but CCA is physician+outpatient+inpatient - oh my!

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I wish my local community college would offer an associate's degree program for coding, billing, medical records, etc.-I would be one of the first to apply!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Carolyn - the Blitz is for physician based exams so it is for the CPC and CCS-P. The content you are tested on is the same. The only thing is I do emphasize "picking the best of the 4 possible answers" but the CCS-P is only partly multiple choice.

I wish my local community college would offer an associate's degree program for coding, billing, medical records, etc.-I would be one of the first to apply!
There are online courses available. The college I attend also offers the HIM program fully online. I really enjoy the course, and it helped me get my start as I am now working in the billing department after a year of school.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
They both have the same lectures. The online version is less expensive and only has the online access. The DVD version includes the online version, but you also get the DVDs which may be more convenient for some people. For example, you could watch the DVD on a TV if you have a DVD player connected to your TV.

Ckv27

They both have the same lectures. The online version is less expensive and only has the online access. The DVD version includes the online version, but you also get the DVDs which may be more convenient for some people. For example, you could watch the DVD on a TV if you have a DVD player connected to your TV.
Thanks!

C

crank

Wow you're ahead of the game with a job in the field. I'm happy to help you with your CPT review!

We are planning on a CCS course January of 2014. Perhaps I'll have a review for the CCA while preparing that.
Hi Laureen,
Its great to hear about the CCS course in Jan 2014. Now I'm learning the basics of coding. Hope till Jan I will be ready to attend that course with some knowledge on coding.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Laureen,
Its great to hear about the CCS course in Jan 2014. Now I'm learning the basics of coding. Hope till Jan I will be ready to attend that course with some knowledge on coding.
Sounds like a good plan!