• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

test taking prep

vera

Is there any type of cd or program that doesnt' cost an arm and a leg to do self testing and the best way to note your books for the test

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

April1127

Is there any type of cd or program that doesnt' cost an arm and a leg to do self testing and the best way to note your books for the test
I am studying to re-take the cpc for the second time. I did finish with about 40 minutes left the first time. I failed with a 61. I had to save for the blitz videos but they are a good resource. They basically show you things you may not think of and how to handle certain codes. She does a better job than my online university did in showing how to code. I've also been told if you have any reimbursement knowledge to throw it out the window. Because for the most part it will effect the way you study for the exam. There are places on the web to get free resources but there always in bits and pieces and you do not know if the information is correct. Look on youtube channel for cco.org. It you like how she teaches then go for the blitz viedos.

Good luck in studying.. I wish you well.

Ckv27

I'm so glad i found this site..I really need to buy your blitz video so I can prepare myself for the exam. It's been almost 2 yrs since I finished school online but it was at my own paced so I'm still frustrated and lost..I really want to gain more knowledge in this field. Thanks for helping us.

C

crank

I'm really happy to found, such a great resources , mainly videos, I do prefer to learn by viewing the videos, because viewing it visually makes me to grab more info, when compared to reading.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I thought I was unique being such a visual learner but after sharing how I taught myself I have found many coder like minded people are very visual as well. I'm happy my "strange" learning methods work for others!

Kimberly

CPC-I, CPMA, CPC
The Blitz videos are WELL worth the money. I passed on my first try with an 85 and I totally give the credit to Laureen and her videos. Her tips on marking up your CPT book and her notes are invaluable. HIGHLY recommend! You rock, Laureen!!!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The Blitz videos are WELL worth the money. I passed on my first try with an 85 and I totally give the credit to Laureen and her videos. Her tips on marking up your CPT book and her notes are invaluable. HIGHLY recommend! You rock, Laureen!!!
I totally agree. I had no actual job experience when I took my Physician Based Coding course, which was a superb class, but the Blitz videos really sealed in what I needed to know to pass, and I, too, passed with an 85! Even had a few minutes of time to spare.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I plan on taking the Blitz Videos when it gets closer to take my CCS-P exam. When is it a good time to take the Blitz Videos? I plan on taking my CCS-P exam in the fall.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Ruth, I clicked on the link, but could not get into it. Is it with the Blitz Students forum? Thanks!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes, it is in the Blitz student's Forum... sorry I did not notice this before.

This is the content I wanted you to see... This was posted by me on April 5, 2013:

I guess that will depend on who you ask, but truthfully, I found it very helpful to highlight and bubble while I was taking the course. It's an extremely efficient way to get the differences in the codes to pop out at you, and you can certainly use that while you are doing the exercises in the textbook and workbook! And of course, during the exams, too!

Try it and see... The Blitz videos give you educational tips that will strengthen your understanding: I see no reason to hold back on getting this input until after you have made it through the course. I wouldn't just to the Blitz, because you will miss info that is in the course, and not in the Blitz, but if you are doing them simultaneously... well, it worked for me!

This was posted by Alicia, also dated Apr 5, 2013.

I like for students to start the Blitz early if they are able. If you work full time, and are doing both the MTA and PBC course it might help you to start at the mid-term. Some have even waited until they have completed the PBC course.

The fact is that you can start it any time. It is great stuff. I am in fact reviewing it as I am taking an exam on Saturday.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thanks for the information. What is the textbook and workbook you use for the Blitz videos?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks for the information. What is the textbook and workbook you use for the Blitz videos?
Carolyn,
Re: the textbook and workbook -- I was referring to the textbook and workbook that was used during the Physician Based Coding course I took. The point is that whenever you are working on coding exercises, you will benefit from having the information that is given in the Blitz program.

The Blitz program has a handout package, not a textbook.