• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Slideshare: September 2016 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar

M

Mayenne Perpetua

Visit [CCO] Certification Coaching Organization LLC for more articles about [CCO] Certification Coaching Organization LLC - Medical Certifications - Learn It - Get Certified - Stay Certified.

The September 2016 Q&A Free Medical Coding Webinar from Certification Coaching Org (CCO), presented a variety of topics of interest to medical coders and billers. The topics presented included:

• Reporting Unethical Practices
  • Developing a Compliance Manual
  • Wound Care Centers: Diabetic Ulcers & Wagner Grade System
  • Practicode: External Cause Code Errors, Determining Principal or First-Listed Procedure
  • Non-traumatic Rhabdomyolysis vs. Traumatic Rhabdomyolysis, and
  • Modifier 26 on Radiology Codes in Medicine Section.

The CCO VIP opportunity and CCO’s Lunch & Learn Coding on FB Live, were also discussed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Educational topics were presented by Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM; Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CCC, CEMC, CFPC, CGSC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC; Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC; and Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.

September 2016 Medical Coding Q&A Webinar from Laureen Jandroep

1. Certification Coaching Q & A Free Medical Coding Webinar September 2016

2. From the Medical Coding Community Q&A September 2016 Hear and See Us Okay? Yes: Type #1 in Questions Box | No: Type #2 (leave and log back in)

• Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM CCO Sr. Instructor / Coach
  • Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC CCO Education Director
  • Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM CCO Founder and CEO
  • Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CCC, CEMC, CFPC, CGSC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC CCO Program Director

3. WELCOME! First Time? Overview: General webinar about all things medical business certification and medical coding, billing & practice management related. Welcome to the CCO Community! – We can’t hear you – You can type a question in the chat: we will ATTEMPT to answer during the webinar BUT it’s not easy… – Stay to the end for free giveaway and CEU’s

4. First Webinar With Us? Poll How many CCO webinars have you attended?

5. September 2016 | Q & A Free Medical Coding Webinar Agenda: 90-120 min II: Q&A from the CCO Community I: Introduction ● CCO News and Updates

• JoAnne Sheehan:
    • Reporting Unethical Practices
    • Developing a Compliance Manual
  • Alicia Scott:
    • Wound Care Centers: Diabetic Ulcers & Wagner Grade System
  • Chandra Stephensen:
    • Practicode: External Cause Code Errors
    • Determining Principal or First-Listed Procedure
    • Non-traumatic Rhabdomyolysis vs. Traumatic Rhabdomyolysis
  • Laureen Jandroep:
    • Modifier 26 on Radiology Codes in Medicine Section

6. This Month’s Q & A Webinar Agenda: 90-120 min IV: Your Questions in the Chat

III: Close – @ 90 min-’ish’

• Wrapup
  • Drawing
  • CEU Certificate Download Link Ask Along the way in the Questions box.
  • NOTE: We can’t answer every question.

IV: Your Questions in the Chat Ask Along the way in the Questions box. NOTE: We can’t answer every question. If your question isn’t selected, post it on our forum where fellow coders can help: https://www.cco.us/forum/

7. Why Stay To The End? Giveaway! Free Drawing of Your Choice of 1 of the following: Blitz Video Package | 2 CEU Webinars | 1 Hour Session with Laureen or Alicia and… Your AAPC CEU link for 1.5 CEUs (a change tonight)

8. CCO Graduates July Update

9. CONGRATS! CCO Courses Recent Exam Passers!

• Paula Farbolin CPC 08/31/2016 Using CPC Blitz
  • Anna Bulmash CPC 08/27/2016 Using CPC Blitz
  • Kim Reid CPC 08/31/2016 Using CPC Blitz
  • Sarah Wood Rodriquez CPC 11/01/2015 Using CPC Blitz
  • Melissa Orozco CPC 03/12/2016 Using CPC Blitz
  • Renee Davis CPC 09/14/2016 Using CPC Blitz
  • Christine Ordonez CPC 08/26/2016 Using CPC Course (PBC)

10. CONGRATS! CCO Courses Recent Exam Passers!

• Ella M Vandenlangenberg CPC 08/20/2016 Using CPC Course (PBC), Practice Exams
  • Catherine Adams CRC 09/10/2016 Using CRC Blitz
  • Jeanette Springer COC 08/12/2015 Using COC Blitz
  • Misty Ferguson COC 09/10/2016 Using COC Blitz

11. Poll Poll Poll – Are You Certified?

12. Q&A September 2016

13. Question: Could you cover ethical concerns in a future webinar? Attempting to notify the facility of unethical practices could lead to termination and adverse effects on future employment. Should coders keep quiet for the sake of their career? Answer Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM, COC CCO Sr. Instructor / Coach Reporting Unethical Practices

14. Question: Does CCO have any info on developing a compliance manual? Answer Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM, COC CCO Sr. Instructor / Coach Developing a Compliance Manual

15. What’s Changing in CPT & ICD-10-CM for 2017? https://www.cco.us/cpt-icd10cm-update-webinars-2017 On October 1, 2016, thousands of ICD-10-CM codes will be deployed after a long 2-year freeze.

16. CPT 2017 Print + Digital Bundle

● CPT® Professional Book 2017

● CPT Assistant Digital Archive, contains all articles (1991- 2016) and…

● CPT® Professional App, featuring a handy code lookup tool, a powerful E/M code selection wizard and hyperlinks to pertinent CPT Assistant articles. Use on up to 5 devices!

• Includes 3 Products Packed with Information Provides 2 Ways to Find the Correct CPT Code: Traditional book lookup using the time-tested organization and indexing of CPT Professional, or the digital power of the CPT Professional App. The app contains:
    • Quick CPT code lookup capability;
    • Complete 2017 CPT code descriptions, augmented with vignettes, clinical examples, RVUs and CPT Assistant references; plus
    • E/M code selection wizard, offering CPT, CMS 95 or CMS 97 guidelines at the coder’s option

● Download instant cloud updates and corrections Pre-Order the 3- in-1 Bundle $149.95 http://cco.pe/cptbundle

17. Poll What AAPC coding credential do you HAVE?

18. Wound Care Centers: Part 2 Diabetic Ulcers & Wagner Grade System Question: Original question: There are really not many resources out there for coders in Wound care and it is a very busy department with lots of hurdles to go through for payment of these services. We have Skin substitutes, HBO treatment, Debridement. Even just coding the Diabetic Ulcers themselves, with ICD-10 codes that don’t reflect the Wagner Grade system my providers use, is a nightmare. Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC CCO Education Director Part 2: Now we will talk about Diabetic Ulcers and the Wagner Scale System. ANSWER

19. Testimonials and Reviews https://www.facebook.com/cco.us/reviews

20. What coding credential do you WANT? Poll

21. Practicode: External Cause Code Errors Question: Do any of you know why Practicode marks external cause codes as incorrect and don’t provide them in their answers? I had a scenario in which the patient had a gunshot wound that happened while he was walking down the street. Are there rules? ANSWER Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CCC, CEMC, CFPC, CGSC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC CCO Program Director

22. www.cco.us/flashsale Ending SOON

23. Determining Principal or First-Listed Procedure Question: I am currently an inpatient CCS. One question for outpatient and primary dx: If patient comes for completely different reason (their CC), and doc treats for something different that has a higher RVU for procedure, can we put the ‘unexpected’ higher RVU procedure first? ANSWER Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CCC, CEMC, CFPC, CGSC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC CCO Program Director

24. https://www.cco.us/fblive/ Tuesday 10 AM Eastern Live with Laureen

25. https://www.cco.us/fblive/ Wednesday 2 PM Eastern Did You Know CCO

26. Non-traumatic Rhabdomyolysis vs. Traumatic Rhabdomyolysis Question: What is the difference between rhabdomyolysis M62.82 and traumatic T79.6? For example if someone falls and cannot get up but has no significant injuries but developed rhabdo from being on the floor too long, is this traumatic rhabdo or just rhabdo M62.82? ANSWER Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CCC, CEMC, CFPC, CGSC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC CCO Program Director

27. Poll – What region of the country are you from? Poll

28. Modifier 26 on Radiology Codes in Medicine Section Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM CCO Founder and CE Question: Do you need Modifier 26 on Radiology Codes in Medicine Section? Answer

29. CCO Presents Free! Topics include:

• Need Presentations for Your Local AAPC Chapter? More Information: https://www.cco.us/remote-presentations/
  • The Local AAPC Chapter of Columbus GA for “EM Coding: Locate Your HEM in Time” EM: “Locate your HEM in Time – A Unique Way to Understanding EM Coding”
  • What is HCC/Risk Adjustment Coding
  • How to prepare for CPC Exam Modifiers – It’s All About The Money
  • How to “Prepare for ICD-10 Proficiency without Stress”
  • CPT Coding updates Any section of the CPT Manual – Anesthesia, Integumentary, Digestive, Medicine
  • Any section of ICD manual or guidelines
  • Any topic you’d like developed! “Cardiology Section of CPT” Jackson MS

30. New Blitz Reviews Ready for You ➢ CPC Review ➢ ICD-10-CM ➢ ICD-10-PCS ➢ COC – Outpatient ➢ CIC – Inpatient ➢ RA – Risk Adjustment ➢ 2016 CPT Updates

31. Choice of Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen (or Alicia) Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Let’s Pick A Winner! or

32. Your Questions from the Chat – Questions In The Chat – September 2016 Your Webinar Chat Team

33. 2016 Guidelines – Why are the 2016 guidelines included in my 2017 ICD-10-CM coding manual?

34. Medicare and Medicaid – We have a patient with Medicare primary and Medicaid secondary and we can’t get the claim to crossover from Medicare to Medicaid and this patient is very ill with no family to help. Who can we get the claim to cross over electronic

35. IV Infusion Can i get information on how to code IV infusion in an office setting when administering antibiotics

36. External Codes When are external codes absolutely necessary to apply?

37. ICD-10 Codes on Billing Form How many ICD 10 codes can be placed on the UB 04 billing form?

38. LIKE us on Facebook http://facebook.com/cco.us Help Us Get The Word Out

39. www.YouTube.com/MedicalCodingCert

40. www.cco.us/flashsale Ending SOON

41. Links Referenced in the Webinar

42. Happy Coding! Jo-Anne Alicia Laureen Chandra Darcy

The post Slideshare: September 2016 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar appeared first on [CCO] Certification Coaching Organization LLC.

Continue reading...