ICD-10-CM Diagnostic Coding Course
A Complete, Online Education for Medical Coders About ICD-10-CM Diagnostic Coding
For over 16 years we have been teaching medical coding – with many students successfully passing their first exams after training with us by viewing our videos and learning our techniques. This ICD-10-CM Diagnostic Coding Course will provide you with the training you need to learn ICD-10-CM in a medical environment.
Who Can Benefit From This ICD-10-CM Course:
- Medical coders wanting to learn ICD-10-CM (not PCS)
- Students with an existing understanding of ICD-9 and basic coding and returning to the workplace after an extended absence.
- Students desiring to sit for the AHIMA CCS credential (when coupled with PBC Course and PCS course)
ICD-10-CM Diagnostic Coding Course
Includes The BHAT® System
BHAT® (pronounced ‘bat’) stands for “Bubble, Highlight and Annotate Technique“. This is a proprietary system, which is used in connection with our educational services, created by Laureen Jandroep in 1999 that uses bubbling, highlighting and annotation techniques to help students quickly find key answers in their manuals during the open book CPC® exams.
Instead of flipping back and forth between pages where the guidelines are, the answers are right next to the codes when a student takes the board exam. Students have stated the BHAT® system gave them the confidence they needed to pass the exam. Another plus: the BHAT® system also helps coders in their day to day coding work! [Learn More]
What You Can Expect From Our
Medical Terminology and Anatomy Course
40 Hour Equivalent Course
This isn’t a short one-time bootcamp or webinar event. This is a full and comprehensive 40-hour equivalent course which dives into the details of ICD-10-CM within a medical coding environment.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
All our courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any internet-enabled device. You can learn at your own pace and rewind whenever necessary to re-learn topics.
9 Months of Continuous Access
We include 9 months (270 days) of continuous access to the course. If you decide to take a break, you can always return anytime within those 9 months to pick up where you left off.
Easy to Understand Style
We know it can be hard to learn coding material. That’s why we pride ourselves on our “easy to understand” teaching style. Keeping you engaged and learning is our top priority.
We include chapter tests to ensure you’ve learned the material properly before moving on. If you hit a roadblock, simply revisit the online chapter lessons to refresh your knowledge.
Student Support Forums
Our Student Support Forums are where students, staff and instructors can meet virtually inside a private discussion area to ask questions or simply chat about course topics and news.
Live Group Webinars
Our instructors meet with many students on a live “group webinar” via video conferencing to answer all course and career questions. As a full course student you’re invited to call or log in and ask questions during the live event.
Certified Instructor Support
Our certified CCO Instructor will first get to know you during your welcome call. During your study, they will also provide ongoing encouragement, guidance and direction via private, forum-based coaching.
ICD-10-CM Course Contents
- An Overview of ICD-10-CM
- ICD-10-CM Coding Conventions
- Steps in Diagnostic Code Selection
- Diagnostic Coding Guidelines
- Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs
- Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases
- Mental, Behavioral, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Diseases of the Nervous System
- Disorders of the Eye and Adnexa
- Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
- Diseases of the Circulatory System
- Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Diseases of the Digestive System
- Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
- Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- Diseases of the Genitourinary System
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
- Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
- Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities
- Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical Laboratory Findings
- Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes
- External Causes of Morbidity
- Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services
Students Reviews of Our ICD-10-CM Course
Invest In Your Education Today!
Yes! Please I’d Like to Order The ICD-10-CM Course
I understand I’ll be receiving online access to the entire ICD-10-CM Course plus access to the BHAT® Cave and other CCO resources listed on this page for a small investment!
Already Know ICD-10-CM and Only Need a Refresher? Our ICD-10-CM Blitz is Perfect!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Textbook Needed for The ICD-10-CM Course?
Yes. This course requires the separate purchase of a textbook. Please see the list here.
Are There Any CEUs Included?
No, there are no CEUs included with this course. If you need CEU’s, please consider joining the CCO Club. https://www.cco.us/club/
Is There Any Coding Taught or Required for This Course?
No, this ICD-10-CM Course does not require or teach any coding concepts.
Videos can only be played while connected to a high-speed internet connection. We do not allow videos to be downloaded or played offline.
When Will the ICD-10-CM Course Be Available for Viewing?
The ICD-10-CM Course is already complete and live. You can watch them immediately after ordering.
Is This Course Structured Like a Bootcamp or Live Webinar?
No, all the lessons have been pre-recorded by our Certified Instructor and will be available for replay via any modern internet-enabled device.
What Is the Refund or Cancellation Policy?
Due to the instant availability of internet-based training, CCO does not provide refunds or cancellations on any of our products including Courses, Review Blitzes, Practice Exams, Bundles, CEU Classes, Combos or CCO Club payments.
Where Can I Learn More About CCO?
Since 1999, we’ve been proudly training thousands of students to help them pass their certification exams. If you feel the need to see examples of our teaching style, please visit our YouTube channel with hundreds of videos and over 2 million views. If you would like to read past student reviews on our products, you’re welcome to read through hundreds of testimonials.