Certified Professional Biller Course
A Complete, Online Education for Learning Physician-Based Medical Billing
For over 16 years we have been teaching medical billing – with many students successfully passing their first exams after training with us by viewing our videos and learning our techniques. This Certified Professional Biller course will provide you with the training you need to learn medical billing in a physician’s office. Our online lessons will also properly prepare you for the AAPC’s gold standard CPB™ exam.
Our Physician Based Medical Billing course provides you with the most current information that pertains to the health insurance industry and the various reimbursement methodologies to ensure accurate submission of medical claims. Upon successful completion of this CPB® course, you will be prepared to sit for the CPB™ exam and as a result have the qualifications to work in a medical billing department that includes working at:
- A Physician’s office
- Claims examiner for Insurance carriers
- Other Healthcare type facilities
Who Can Benefit From This Course:
- New students looking to enter the world of medical billing.
- Existing students enrolled outside CCO that require supplemental training.
- Healthcare workers looking to switch roles at their workplace such as front office clerks, medical receptionists, case managers, medical records clerks, transcriptionists, schedulers, research coordinators, nurses, caregivers or similar roles.
CPB Complete Course & Exam Preparation
CPB® Exam Preparation
This website is not endorsed by, affiliated, authorized, or sponsored by the AAPC.
CPB® is a registered trademark of AAPC.
CCO’s Medical Billing Course Will Help You…
- Understand different types of insurance plans
- Apply payer policy, Local Coverage Determinations (LCD), and National Coverage Determinations (NCD) for successful claim submission
- Know CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding guidelines
- Navigate the varying rules and regulations which apply to the healthcare industry, including HIPAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act, and Stark
- Know the life cycle of a medical billing claim and how to improve the revenue cycle
- Teach expertise in effective claim follow-up, patient follow-up, and denial resolution
Amazing CCO Support Every Step of the Way
What is even better than the material tools required to help you with your CPB exam? The answer to that question is having CCO’s team of certified coaches who are always available to assist and answer your questions as needed.
Let us not forget CCO’s earned reputation in the industry as having unique and proprietary teaching methods, together with lots of warm and friendly moral support to get you through it from beginning to end.
While we pride ourselves as having some of the best teachers and unique teaching methods, with the most competitive prices around, our students still always feel like they are part of a family, not some learning institution. Each and every one of you, are important to us
Includes The BHAT® System
BHAT® (pronounced ‘bat’) stands for “Bubble, Highlight and Annotate Technique“. This is a proprietary system, which is used in connection with our educational services, created by Laureen Jandroep in 1999 that uses bubbling, highlighting and annotation techniques to help students quickly find key answers in their manuals during the open book CPC® exams.
Instead of flipping back and forth between pages where the guidelines are, the answers are right next to the codes when a student takes the board exam. Students have stated the BHAT® system gave them the confidence they needed to pass the exam. Another plus: the BHAT® system also helps coders in their day to day coding work! [Learn More]
I took the CPC exam in April and passed on the first try. I contribute that to CCOs techniques that I came across on YouTube. I watched as many free videos from them that I could find. When I decided to take the CPB I knew I would definitely go thru CCO for guidance. I purchased the CCO CBP Blitz review in March the next year. I studied exactly what they told me to when I had time, and passed my CPB exam on the first try in December. CCO knows exactly how to help you pass and I am now Certified Professional Coder and Biller because of them sharing their knowledge. Thanks CCO Team!!! Keep up the great work!
What To Expect From Our CPB™ Course
- Preparation to receive the AAPC’s CPB® credential and qualify for a career as a medical biller in an physician’s office, clinic, insurance carriers or other healthcare facilities.
- Access to a team of CPC® and CPB® certified staff and coaches to assist and respond to your medical billing questions.
- Video Lectures so it’s as if you are sitting there in class right with your instructors
- Reading assignments from the most widely used medical billing textbook in the industry
- Online medical billing based exams with immediate grading and feedback
- Student Support Forum dedicated to supporting students as they progress through the medical billing lessons and exams.
- Regular coaching sessions and review of your progress.
Requirements and Pre-Requisites
What You Can Expect From Our
Medical Billing Based Medical Coding Course
40 Hour Equivalent Course
This isn’t a short one-time bootcamp or webinar event. This is a full and comprehensive 40-hour equivalent course which dives into the details of medical billing within a physician’s office or practice.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
All our courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any internet-enabled device. You can learn at your own pace and rewind whenever necessary to re-learn topics.
9 Months of Continuous Access
We include 9 months (270 days) of continuous access to the course. If you decide to take a break, you can always return anytime within those 9 months to pick up where you left off.
Easy to Understand Style
We know it can be hard to learn coding material. That’s why we pride ourselves on our “easy to understand” teaching style. Keeping you engaged and learning is our top priority.
We include chapter tests to ensure you’ve learned the material properly before moving on. If you hit a roadblock, simply revisit the online chapter lessons to refresh your knowledge.
CPB Review Blitz
Once you’ve completed the full course, our CPB Review Blitz is your next step. It will help you refine, refresh and review your knowledge of critical concepts in preparation for the exam.
Anatomy & Physiology Crash Course Videos
Do you need a quick refresher on Anatomy and Physiology? In case you do, we’ve included 40+ videos covering tissue, integumentary, nervous system, muscles, respiratory system and more.
Student Support Forums
Our Student Support Forums are where students, staff and instructors can meet virtually inside a private discussion area to ask questions or simply chat about course topics and news.
Live Group Webinars
Our instructors meet with many students on a live “group webinar” via video conferencing to answer all course and career questions. As a full course student you’re invited to call or log in and ask questions during the live event.
Certified Instructor Support
Our certified CCO Instructor will first get to know you during your welcome call. During your study, they will also provide ongoing encouragement, guidance and direction via private, forum-based coaching.
Medical Billing CPB™ Material Covered in the Course
- Module 01: Health Insurance Specialist Career
- Module 02: Introduction to Health Insurance
- Module 03: Managed Healthcare
- Module 04: Revenue Cycle Management
- Module 05: Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Module 06: ICD-10-CM Coding
- Module 07: CPT Coding
- Module 08: HCPCS Level II Coding
- Module 09: CMS Reimbursement Methodologies
- Module 10: Coding Compliance, CDI, and Coding for Medical Necessity
- Module 11: CMS-1500 and UB-04 Claims
- Module 12: Commercial Insurance
- Module 13: BlueCross BlueShield
- Module 14: Medicare
- Module 15: Medicaid
- Module 16: TRICARE
- Module 17: Workers’ Compensation
Bonus Content & Extra Resources
- BHAT® Cave Access
- Student Q&A Webinars
- The Parts of Medicare: A & B
- The Parts of Medicare: C & D
- What is the HIPAA Privacy Rule?
- What is an ABN?
- Fraud and Abuse
- Crash Course Anatomy & Physiology Videos
- Student Support Hub
- Instructor Coaching and Support
Students Reviews of Our Medical Billing Course
Includes (1) One FREE Ancillary Course
Select (1) one of the Courses below as a free bonus with purchase.
Advanced Medical Coding, Abstracting and Auditing Course
Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course
ICD-10-CM Diagnostic Coding Course
Pharmacology Course for Medical Coders
Pathophysiology Course for Medical Coders
ICD-10-PCS Procedural Coding Course
How Does Our Medical Billing Medical Coding Course Compare?
|Lecture Format||Slides (with fun graphics to keep it interesting), Video of Instructor Speaking (so it feels like we are right in front of you)||Slides with Instructor Speaking|
|CPB Review Blitz|
|BHAT® Cave Included|
|Length of Access||9 Months||4 Months Only|
(Add $149.75 for 9 Months)
|Live Student Support Calls|
|Student Support Hub|
|Payment Plans Available|
(9 Months Access)
|$2,629 (4 Months Access)|
$2,778 (9 Months Access)
Salary Data Reveals That More Credentials = Higher Salary
A recent salary survey by the AAPC revealed that the more AAPC credentials you carry, the higher your salary. It’s also common for peers to place greater value and trust on individuals with more credentials.
In case you’re curious, here are the average salaries for medical business professionals with one, two and three credentials.
Invest In Your Education Today!
Yes! Please I’d Like to Order The Medical Billing Course
I understand I’ll be receiving online access to the entire Medical Billing Course plus access to the BHAT® Cave and other CCO resources listed on this page for a small investment!
Or…Get Access with CCO Club Plus!
Only Need CPB® Exam Prep
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Textbook Needed for the Certified Medical Billing CPB® Course?
Yes. This course requires the separate purchase of a textbook. Please see the list here.
Are There Any CEUs Included?
No, there are no CEUs included with this course. If you need CEU’s, please consider joining the CCO Club. https://www.cco.us/club/
Are There Any Pre-Requisites For This Course?
Yes. We recommend the following course (or equivalent knowledge): Anatomy | Medical Terminology.
Videos can only be played while connected to a high-speed internet connection. We do not allow videos to be downloaded or played offline.
When Will the Medical Billing Course Be Available for Viewing?
The Medical Billing Course is already complete and live. You can watch them immediately after ordering.
Is This Course Structured Like a Bootcamp or Live Webinar?
No, all the lessons have been pre-recorded by our Certified Instructor and will be available for replay via any modern internet-enabled device.
What Is the Refund or Cancellation Policy?
Due to the instant availability of internet-based training, CCO does not provide refunds or cancellations on any of our products including Courses, Review Blitzes, Practice Exams, Bundles, CEU Classes, Combos or CCO Club payments.
Where Can I Learn More About CCO?
Since 1999, we’ve been proudly training thousands of students to help them pass their certification exams. If you feel the need to see examples of our teaching style, please visit our YouTube channel with hundreds of videos and over 2 million views. If you would like to read past student reviews on our products, you’re welcome to read through hundreds of testimonials.