Are you looking for experience while searching for your first medical coding, medical billing or practice management job? Or perhaps you want to get experience to remove the “A” from your CPC-A credential? Consider an internship with us at CCO. This unpaid Internship requires a 5-8 hour per week minimum commitment for a total of 250 hours in a 1-year period. You are welcome to do more if you wish. We will provide a letter of completion for you once you have completed 250 hours in your 1-year term and we will be available as a reference for prospective employers. You may request to have another term as an intern once this tour is complete.
Typical tasks include:
- Proofreading / editing existing documents and transcripts
- Researching coding and billing topics
- Writing answer sheets to be presented by CCO Instructors
- Participate in the CCO Community by responding to questions
- Writing CEU quiz questions with rationales
- Vetting Practive exam questions for accuracy
- Writing blog articles or initiating posts in the CCO Community
- Obtaining redacted reports for practice coding
- Other activities that interest you.
All work is supervised by a CCO Instructor or Subject Matter Expert and their feedback shared with you so you can learn from the experience.
Apply for the CCO Internship
Internships are for certified coders only – please don’t apply until you pass a medical coding, billing or other related AAPC certification exam. We’ll be here waiting for you when you’re ready.
We only have 4 Intern spots open at a time! These spots are precious so please do not apply unless you’re serious about completing 250 hours in your 1-year term.
Please read all requirements here.
What to Expect During the Process
- Join the Internship Notification List below.
- When a spot opens up, you’ll be emailed a Internship Application to complete so keep an eye on your email.
- Immediately after submitting the Internship Application, you’ll be forwarded to an Intern Quiz to complete.
- Once submitted, we’ll review your Quiz answers and if you are selected, an Internship Agreement will be sent to you to sign.
- Once signed, you’ll receive Internship onboarding instructions to start participating within 1-2 business days with full onboarding instructions and access to our training area.