Healthcare providers will start using ICD-10 instead of ICD-9 codes on October 1, 2015 (that is less than 3 months from now). ICD-10 expands on ICD-9 codes to reflect advances in medicine, which means that using ICD-10 codes will allow doctors to capture more details about their patients’ health conditions and hospital procedures. Implementation of these details will lead to a better record of a patient’s history. This in turn can lead to better care for patients across different providers and over time. ICD-10 is thought to be more detailed, more specific, and it changes everything. The question is “are you ready?”
If you're still not confident with your skills and are looking for ICD 10 training certification courses online and willing to expand your horizons, get a higher pay scale, get hired quickly, preferred by most physicians, then you should start to consider training yourself on ICD 10 and pass the ICD 10 proficiency assessment exam with confidence.
ICD 10 Training Certification
CCO's ICD 10 online training courses ranged from full course to mini course, from review blitz to practice exam specifically designed to meet the needs of every medical coders. Learn it at your own pace and enjoy group discounts. Get to know CCO's ICD 10 training courses below and get certified!
- Perfect for medical coders wanting to learn ICD-10-CM (not PCS)
- Those with an existing understanding of ICD-9 and basic coding
- Those preparing for AAPC's ICD-10-CM Proficiency Assessment
- Those desiring to sit for CCS credential (when coupled with Physician-Based Medical Coding Course and PCS course)
Learn more about our ICD-1o-CM Full Course
- Take the ICD 1o Review Blitz if you're a certified medical coder and you are getting ready to sit for the proficiency exam with the AAPC (which looks fantastic on the resume)
- If you need to just know more about ICD-10. If you're new to medical coding and you're wondering, “Hmm, everybody keeps talking about ICD-10. I don't know where to start.” Then the CCO ICD-10 Training Blitz is a perfect place to start because we're going to give you an overview of everything you need to know and we're going to give you all the details that supplement the overview.
- If you need an online practice exam to test your ICD 10 skills, then this training course is right for you. The ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment is the only step of this roadmap required for all certified AAPC members (excluding CIRCC, CPPM, and CPCO).
- You should prepare yourself as you would for other exams or assessments. To ensure employers continue to have confidence in a certified coder’s ability to accurately code the current code sets, AAPC certified members will have two years to pass an open-book, online, unproctored assessment.
- It will measure your understanding of ICD-10-CM format and structure, groupings and categories of codes, ICD-10-CM official guidelines, and coding concepts.
- Is it a requirement? YES! It is required for AAPC certified coders (excluding CIRCC, CPPM, and CPCO), and recommended for all other coders.
- This advanced level course, led by our Senior Instructor Alicia Scott, is a great resource for medical coders looking to take the next step in their careers.
- Whether you are looking to learn the procedural coding side of inpatient coding, improve your auditing skills, or even desire to sit for the CCS exam, this detail oriented class will provide the knowledge you need to improve your skillset.
- Our hands-on approach has the personal touch to see you reach your goals.
Learn more about our ICD-10-PCS (Inpatient Procedural) (40 Hour Course)
Register for the FREE ICD-10 CM Webinar Training
- Learn how to feel confident in testing and fall in love with ICD-10-CM.
- Discover how to develop confidence in your OVERALL coding ability, not just with ICD-10-CM.
- Learn how to embrace diagnosis coding -the basis of ICD-10-CM coding- and see it as the wave of the future in reimbursement.
- How ICD-10 makes you more marketable as a medical coder!
- Best of all, the training is worth 1.5 CEU's… but you have to attend LIVE!